Playing Jenga with questions helps your Counsellor get to know you.

Counselling for Young People

In order to focus on other areas of my practice I am no longer working with young people but here is some information about other services that may be available to you:-

If you are a young person who needs some extra help with your difficulties you will find that most schools, colleges and universities offer free counselling to their students.  Also for most towns and cities there will be a local charity where services are offered free of charge such as Moving On project for Fareham and Gosport or No Limits in Southampton.

If the above does not feel ok for you then you could discuss with your parents or carers the possibility of private counselling and you may wish to look on Counselling Directory for an alternative private Counsellor that you feel could help.

Your GP is someone that you may wish to consider an appointment with. He/She can talk to you about the level of your difficulties and also consider whether you may need to be referred to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). He/She can also help you consider whether  you would benefit from some medication at this stage or if they feel Counselling  would help.

You might already be getting some support from CAMHS.  It’s really important that you talk to your case manager about the service you are getting and that you let them know you are considering private therapy.  They should be able to talk to you about getting therapy with them if that’s what you feel you need and what your options are.  There may be very good health reasons why you are not getting therapy at this moment in time and you need to know why that is.  If it is simply a matter of funding then private therapy could be an option for you if they and your parents/carers agree.

Relax in quiet, discreet surroundings, Reflect on your issues in a calm
confidential environment, Rethink your situation and move forward in
a way that is right for you.

Contact Me
Contact Me